Thursday, June 4, 2009

"Musical Monster" Symphony Hall, Boston, MA


I was commissioned to paint a 8' x 24' Green Monster for the Alzheimer's Association of MA & NH for an event they had at Boston's Symphony Hall. I was so excited to be included in this event. I painted the Monster in six 4' x 8' sections up in NH in my folks barn, then with the help of my friend Barb, we transported the Monster to Boston. The Monster was then installed by the fabulous Facility Crew at Symphony Hall. I headed to the event early so that I could touch-up the wall.

The wall was then auctioned off live at the event. It was a really great evening...that included a photo with Wally in front of my Monster and front row seats at the Pops! So very cool!!! Here is a picture from my seat!...


The Monster is made out of all exterior grade materials, so that it can be installed in a back yard or at a little league field to make for the perfect baseball backdrop!

No comments:

Post a Comment